Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Day on the Water


I hope all the Dads out there had a wonderful Father's Day. My husband and I joined his cousins for a boating trip and picnic. It seemed to be a popular choice for an outing, as the waterways were filled with boaters heading for the best spots to anchor for the afternoon. We had a great time enjoying the beautiful beaches, good food and friendship. I can't wait to scrapbook the memories of the day.


I thought I would share the recipe for the cake I made as everyone seemed to really enjoy it.



Pineapple Pecan Cake


2 cups sugar or I prefer 1 cup of Splenda baking blend

2 cups all purpose flour

2 eggs

2 teaspoons baking soda

1 can crushed pineapple (20 oz.) with juice

1 cup chopped pecans


Combine first five ingredients. Mix well and stir in nuts. Bake in 13 x 9 ungreased pan, at 350 for 40 - 45 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.


Frosting


1/2 cup butter

1 pkg. cream cheese (8 oz.)

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar


Cream butter, cream cheese and vanilla. Slowly add sugar. Frost cake and enjoy!

No comments: