Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I thought I would share a little about how I started stamping and papercrafting...
My first introduction to stamping was in the late 80's. While visiting friends in the Carolina's we went to a little craft village and found a store selling handmade cards. They were beautiful works of art. The lady in the shop gave a demonstration using heat embossing and I was hooked! I bought my supplies and started making cards. I still can't believe that I used to heat my embossing powder over a light bulb! Never heard of a heat gun until years later.
About 15 years ago, I was introduced to scrapbooking by my cousin and quickly found another craft to love. I have always enjoyed learning my family's history and loved to take pictures, so scrapbooking was a natural fit.
My daughter introduced me to Close to my Heart, after she was invited to a friend's Home Gathering. She came home saying, "Mom, you're gonna love this!". Boy, was she right. The variety and quality of the products, made me want them all. I quickly began attending as many workshops as I could with my consultant and enjoyed every minute.
My decision to become a consultant has been a great one! It has afforded me the opportunity to be creative, meet some wonderful people and have lots of fun!

No comments: