Saturday, January 30, 2010

Unscripted Sketches #40



This card is based on this week's Unscripted Sketches #40. I love the image of the flowers, it is from Close to my Heart's set called "Enjoy Every Moment". I stamped and then dry embossed the image to make the flowers pop out, then colored them with pastels. The patterned paper is from the "Bella" paper pack and the base of the card is textured cardstock in New England Ivy.
If you're not familar with Close to my Heart's textured cardstock, you should give it a try. It is like getting two for one; since the back side is a lighter shade of the front. I used the lighter shade of this one in the strip down the right side.
February will be a great time to try out this great cardstock, because Close to my Heart is offering Buy One Get One Free! From February 1-28, 2010, 12 x 12 textured cardstock combo packs are not only buy one get one free, but for every offer purchased, CTMH will donate $2.00 to Operation Smile's Haiti relief efforts. How great is that?
To check out the wonderful work Operation Smile does, click here.

6 comments:

dstandard said...

What a pretty card - thanks for playing at US

MrsMomma said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors and the flourish! Thanks so much for joining US this week!!

Sarah said...

Wonderful card! I just love that SS and can't wait to get my own. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Unscripted.
Sarah M
Unscripted DT

Linda said...

Very pretty! I love the colors you used.

Liz said...

Great colors and wonderful take on the sketch
Liz
DT @ Unscriptedsketches

Kelly said...

beautiful! i love that stamp set but am too leery of trying to color it so wonderfully to do it justice! Thank you for the inspiration!